Wednesday, 29 December
409. Sex in the Eighteenth-Century City
10:15–11:30 a.m., 410, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Restoration and Early-Eighteenth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Lisa A. Freeman, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
1. “Suing for Rape: Complicity and the Uses of Seduction in Old Bailey Rape Trials, 1700–60,” Toni Bowers, Univ. of Pennsylvania
2. “Working-Class Sex,” Sally E. O’Driscoll, Fairfield Univ.
3. “The Bawdy House Riots and Performative Sexuality,” Katherine M. Romack, Stanford Univ.
4. “Men about Town: The London Theater’s Footmen,” Kristina Marie Straub, Carnegie Mellon Univ.