Tuesday, 29 December
408. Literature and the Politics of Space
10:15–11:30 a.m., Independence Salon II, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Shari Huhndorf, Univ. of Oregon
1. “Asian Homelands in a Foreign America: Global Identities and Renegotiating Southern Literary Spaces,” Frank Cha, Coll. of William and Mary
2. “The Politics of Home and the Neodomestic American Novel,” Kristin J. Jacobson, Richard Stockton Coll. of New Jersey
3. “‘Like Water Going Back to Itself’: Spaces of Subjectivity in Castillo’s The Mixquiahuala Letters and Hogan’s Solar Storms,” Shealeen Anne Meaney, Sage Colls.
4. “Mapping and Moving Nation: Gloria Naylor’s Mama Day,” Courtney Thorsson, Columbia Univ.