Tuesday, 29 December
377. Sites of the Aesthetic: Between the Real and the Spectacle
8:30–9:45 a.m., Commonwealth Hall D, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century German Literature
Presiding: Lutz Koepnick, Washington Univ.
1. “Reconfiguring the Aesthetic in Contemporary German Photography,” Patricia Anne Simpson, Montana State Univ., Bozeman
2. “Sightseeing: Transparency and the Spectacle of Spectatorship,” Eric Jarosinski, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. “The Theatrical and Spectacle in Digital Environments,” Roberto Simanowski, Brown Univ.
4. “The Mobile Antiaesthetic,” Nora M. Alter, Univ. of Florida