Tuesday, 29 December
361. Making Research: Limits and Barriers in the Age of Digital Reproduction
8:30–9:45 a.m., 411–412, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Methods of Literary Research
Presiding: Robin G. Schulze, Penn State Univ., University Park
1. “The History and Limitations of Digitalization,” William Baker, Northern Illinois Univ.
2. “Moving Past the Hype of Hypertext: Limits of Scholarly Digital Ventures,” Elizabeth Vincelette, Old Dominion Univ.
3. “Transforming the Study of Australian Literature through a Collaborative eResearch Environment,” Kerry Kilner, Univ. of Queensland
Speaker's Annotation:See http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~eresearch/projects/aus-e-lit/index.php for details of the project I will be speaking about. There are some fabulous demonstration videos that I probably won't be able to show.
See also: Http://www.austlit.edu.au to explore Australian literary cultures. User name: MLA Password: MLA
4. “A Proposed Model for Peer Review of Online Publications,” Jan Pridmore, Boston Univ.