Friday, 07 January
355. Land and Landscape in Anglo-Saxon England
3:30–4:45 p.m., Olympic II, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Old English Language and Literature
Presiding: Thomas N. Hall, Univ. of Notre Dame
1. “Saints and Soil,” Mary Kate Hurley, Columbia Univ.
2. “The Landscape of the Exeter Book,” Lindy Brady, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “A Legal Scene: Tenurial Language and Tropes in ‘Guthlac A,’” Scott Thompson Smith, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “Urban and Wilderness Landscapes in Anglo-Saxon Texts: Ecocritical Challenges,” Heide R. Estes, Monmouth Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.