Saturday, 27 December
33. Emotions: On the Affective Turn
3:30–4:45 p.m., Golden Gate 7, Hilton
Program arranged by the Society for Critical Exchange
Presiding: Aaron Chandler, Univ. of North Carolina, Greensboro
1. “Affective Narratology: On Emotions and Stories,” Patrick Colm Hogan, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
2. “Marxist Feelings,” Donald K. Hedrick, Kansas State Univ.
3. “Bhabha and Spivak on Postcolonial Affect,” Douglas Robinson, Univ. of Mississippi
4. “Eco-motions: Ecocriticism as Emotive Theory,” William Earl Slaymaker, Wayne State Coll.
5. “On Being Moved: Affect, Aesthetics, and Romantic Traffic,” Miranda Jane Burgess, Univ. of British Columbia
6. “Rich Multiplicities: A Response to New Methods and Affects,” Aaron Chandler
For copies of papers, visit http://societyforcriticalexchange.org.