Friday, 28 December
299. Writing the Modernist City: Urban Experience and Poetic Language
3:30–4:45 p.m., Columbus Hall G, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Susan McCabe, Univ. of Southern California
1. “The Discourse of Urban Experience in Eliot’s The Waste Land,” Rise B. Axelrod, Univ. of California, Riverside
2. “Bridging Dystopia and Utopia: Hart Crane’s Dia-‘logic’ of Metaphor,” John Philip Wargacki, Seton Hall Univ.
3. “City of Shale: Williams’s Paterson,” Steven Gould Axelrod, Univ. of California, Riverside
4. “‘Them Thoughts Would Bust My Head’: The Mind’s Ear of Modernism and the Social Prosody of Montage of a Dream Deferred,” William Mohr, California State Univ., Long Beach
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.