Friday, 28 December
273. Psychoanalysis and Relational Space
1:45–3:00 p.m., Toronto, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Division on Psychological Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Esther Rashkin, Univ. of Utah
1. “Gaps Left within Us by the Secrets of Others: Abraham’s Phantom, Freud’s Secret,” William H. Carter, Iowa State Univ.
2. “The Other of Incorporation: Sadomasochism and the Colonial Scene,” Susan Cook, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
3. “Beyond the Third Space of MySpace: Lacan, Winnicott, and Cyberspace,” Robert Samuels, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. “Public Spaces, Other Faces, Liminal Places,” Jennifer Friedlander, Pomona Coll.