Friday, 28 December
251. Dreaming the Life of the Nation: The Monumental Vision of Stanislaw Wyspianski (1869–1907)
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Parlor E, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Slavic Literatures and Cultures
Presiding: Jessie M. Labov, Stanford Univ.
1. “Stanislaw Wyspianski and William Butler Yeats: In Search of a Modernist National Theater,” Justyna Braun, Franciscan Univ. of Steubenville
2. “Universal Affinity and Local Symbolism: Pairing Wyspianski and Synge,” John Merchant, Univ. of Chicago
3. “Apollo-Christ at the Polish Acropolis: A Metatheatrical Moment of Incarnation,” Colleen McQuillen, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
4. “After Wyspianski: The Text and Content of Grotowski’s Akropolis,” Magda Romanska, Emerson Coll.