Friday, 28 December
239. Religion in South Asian Languages and Literatures
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Ontario, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on South Asian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Lejla Tricic, California State Univ., Fresno
1. “Ritual, Recollection, and Relish: Multiple Dimensions in the Religious Literature of Caitanya Vaisnavism,” Neal Delmonico, Kirksville, MO
2. “Breaking Hindu Religious Law: Women Turning to Each Other for Love, Sex, and Marriage in ‘Fire’ and ‘Water,’” Ymitri Jayasundera, Prairie View A&M Univ.
3. “Reframing ‘British’ Muslims,” Ruvani Ranasinha, Brunel Univ.
4. “Constructing Ethnicity in the Diaspora: Tamil Eelam,” Anushiya Sivanarayanan, Southern Illinois Univ., Edwardsville
Respondent: Hena Ahmad, Truman State Univ.