Sunday, 28 December
229. Study Abroad: Challenges and Opportunities
10:15–11:30 a.m., Yerba Buena Salon 15, Marriott
Program arranged by the American Association of Teachers of German
Presiding: Peter Höyng, Emory Univ.
1. “The Fetishization of Study Abroad,” Mark Ferguson, Wayne State Univ.
2. “A Very Liberating Experience: The Study-Abroad Semester Program in Germany and Austria,” Hiltrud Arens, Univ. of Montana
3. “Marketing Abroad: The Americanization of Foreign Study Programs,” Christina Frei, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “Collaborative Ventures and Independent Assessment: New Frontiers in Study Abroad,” William Collins Donahue, Duke Univ.