Tuesday, 28 December
220. Ethnic Studies under Siege
1:45–3:00 p.m., 203-A, Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Ethnic Studies in Language and Literature
1. “New Directions in Latino/a Popular Cultural Studies,” Frederick Luis Aldama, Univ. of Colorado, Boulder
2. “When Identity Fails: Reconceptualizing Ethnicity, Literature, and Politics in the Twenty-First Century,” Carlos Gallego, Stanford Univ.
3. “Whose Ethnic Studies? South Asian American Studies and Early Twenty-First-Century Global Culture,” Anupama Jain, Union Coll., NY
4. “Ethnic Studies as Resistance to Imperialism,” Malini Johar Schueller, Univ. of Florida