Sunday, 28 December
188. Modern Arabic Literature as/and World Literature
8:30–9:45 a.m., Yerba Buena Salon 11, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Ken Seigneurie, Lebanese American Univ.
1. “Adab and World Literature: Rethinking the History of Reading in Modern Egypt,” Michael Allan, Columbia Univ.
2. “Reading Palestine in the (Dis)Comfort of the Classroom,” Terry DeHay, Southern Oregon Univ.
3. “Tarabishi’s Trajectory; or, The Vicissitudes of Arabic Postcolonial Critique,” Hala Youssef Halim, New York Univ.
4. “Worldly War Literature: Lebanon,” Ken Seigneurie
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 1 Dec.