Wednesday, 28 December
180. Langston Hughes: Writer without Borders I
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Maryland Suite C, Marriott
Program arranged by the Langston Hughes Society
Presiding: Dolan Hubbard, Morgan State Univ.
1. “Diasporic Soundings in Langston Hughes’s Mulatto,” Sharynn Owens Etheridge, Tennessee State Univ.
2. “Langston Hughes’s Terra Cinema: Reading Montage of a Dream Deferred Geopolitically,” Rebecca A. Walsh, Duke Univ.
3. “Darkness USA: Langston Hughes’s Global Framing of the American Dilemma,” Caroline C. Maun, Wayne State Univ.
4. “Knowing Langston: The Global Dimension of Friendship and Art as Seen through the Eyes of Margaret Walker,” Maryemma Graham, Univ. of Kansas
For copies of abstracts, visit www.langstonhughessociety.org.