Sunday, 28 December
164. Gender in Sephardic and Sephardist Writing
8:30–9:45 a.m., Yerba Buena Salon 6, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Sephardic Studies
Presiding: Stacy Nan Beckwith, Carleton Coll.
1. “Between Complaint, Abuse, and Fear of Flying: Good and Not-So-Good Jewish Daughters and Sons and Their Intimate Relationships in Contemporary Francophone Sephardic Literature,” Johann Sadock, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
2. “Memory and Identity in Two Novels by Rosa Nissán,” Herlinda Dabbah, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
3. “Women and Men in the Works of Matilda Koén-Sarano: Confirmation and Transformation of Sephardic Traditions,” Gloria J. Ascher, Tufts Univ.
4. “In Comparison: Gender Inflection in Contemporary Spanish Sephardism,” Stacy Nan Beckwith
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.