Thursday, 27 December
121. Editing for Access: Preparing Scholarly Editions for a Cross-Cultural Audience
7:00–8:15 p.m., Ontario, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Scholarly Editions
Presiding: Matthew J. Bailey, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. “On Translating Aurora Luque: Maintaining the Foreign Essence of the Text While Negotiating Meaning across Cultures, Languages, and Time,” Maria Elsy Cardona, Saint Louis Univ.
2. “The Life and Adventures of Dumont de Montigny: Bridging Linguistic and Cultural Barriers to Publish One of the Earliest Autobiographies in the French Atlantic World,” Gordon Mitchell Sayre, Univ. of Oregon; Carla Zecher, Newberry Library
3. “Editing Contemporary Francophone Lebanese Poems: Challenges and Facilitating Factors,” Christophe Ippolito, Georgia Inst. of Tech.
4. “Presenting the World of the Cid to English Speakers,” Matthew J. Bailey
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.