Saturday, 27 December
118. African American and Caribbean Women’s Border Crossings
7:00–8:15 p.m., Sutter, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on English Literature Other Than British and American
Presiding: Ifeoma C. K. Nwankwo, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “Floating Islands: Cosmopolitanism, Gender, and Racial Identity Formation in a Transnational Age,” Myriam J. A. Chancy, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
2. “The Sea Within: Sea Crossings and Sea Changes in Caribbean and Caribbean American Narratives by and about Women,” Lizabeth Paravisini, Vassar Coll.
3. “Writing the Other: Gender, Nation, and Text in Mayra Santos Febres’s Any Wednesday I’m Yours and Luz Argentina Chiriboga’s El Columpio de Rey Spencer,” Lesley Feracho, Univ. of Georgia
4. “Ntozake Shange: Cooking Up a Nation,” Courtney Thorsson, Columbia Univ.