Tuesday, 28 December
116. Concretism and Beyond: A Tribute to Haroldo de Campos
10:15–11:30 a.m., Commonwealth Hall D, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Christopher John Dunn, Tulane Univ.
1. “Haroldo de Campos and the Poetics of Invention,” Kenneth David Jackson, Yale Univ.
2. “Antilyrical Moments and Movements in Modern Portuguese Poetry: Surrealism, Concretism, ‘Poesia 61,’ and Beyond,” Antonio Costa Ladeira, Texas Tech Univ.
3. “Haroldo de Campos’s ‘Planetary Music for Mortal Ears’: A Latin American ‘Postmodern/Global’ Poetics,” Odile Cisneros, Univ. of Alberta
4. “Interpoetic Intermediation: Concretism and Brazilian Digital Poetry,” Christopher T. Funkhouser, New Jersey Inst. of Tech.