Saturday, 27 December
108. Using Technology to Teach Languages
7:00–8:15 p.m., Yerba Buena Salon 12, Marriott
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Information Technology
Presiding: Robert James Blake, Univ. of California, Davis
1. “Reconceptualizing the Use of Language Labs in Hybrid Language Courses,” M. Rafael Salaberry, Univ. of Texas, Austin
2. “The Use of E-Portfolios for L2 Assessment: Reflection and Evaluation,” Barbara Lafford, Arizona State Univ.; Michelle Petersen, Arizona State Univ.
3. “Turning Language Learners into Linguists? First Experiences of Learners with a New Corpus-Driven Language-Learning Tool,” Peter Wood, Univ. of Waterloo
4. “Issues in Designing and Implementing Hybrid Course Models for Language Teaching,” Angelika Kraemer, Michigan State Univ.