Tuesday, 28 December
103. The Differences Barbara Johnson Makes
8:30–9:45 a.m., 204-C, Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Literary Criticism
Presiding: Susan Gubar, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
1. “A Tale of Three Zoras: Barbara Johnson and Black Women Writers,” Hortense Jeanette Spillers, Cornell Univ.
2. “Johnson and Johnson,” Lee Charles Edelman, Tufts Univ.
3. “Reading Barbara, Reading Zora,” Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Harvard Univ.
4. “Making the ‘One’ Impossible,” Jane Gallop, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee